Horton Kirby Paper Mill, Horton Kirby and South Darenth
This mill was constructed on the site of an original corn mill by John Hall, millwright of Dartford in 1820. There is no evidence to suggest that the paper mill was ever water-powered, its location being purely for the cooling of its engines. The paper mill was operating under the name of William Nash & Company, who moved here in the mid-1980's from Nash's Mill at St Paul's Cray. In 2005 it was converted into housing. The chimney survives and is Grade II listed.
|Mill functions||Paper mill|
|Location||Horton Kirby and South Darenth, Sevenoaks|
|NGR||TQ 563 695|
Alan Stoyel, Mills Archive Foundation Trustee