Foots Cray Mill, Foots Cray
Footscray Silk Mill was established by a Frenchman, Benjamin Harenc, c 1775, and was later converted to the manufacture of paper. The building was a large weatherboarded structure straddling the river, with an overshot waterwheel. In the twentieth century it functioned as a laundry, and was demolished in 1929.
|Mill functions||Paper mill, Silk mill|
|NGR||TQ 47547 70965|
Alan Stoyel, Mills Archive Foundation Trustee
Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database