City of London Flour Mills, Puddle Dock
The mill was built in 1849 on an old rubbish site, with the foundations on 15 feet of London clay. It required its own dam and two large steam engines to manage the water. In 1852 the mill was completed and opened.
On 10th November 1872, the mill suffered a devastating fire, after which it was rebuilt.
|Alternative names||Mr Hadley's City of London Flour Mills|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill functions||Corn mill|
|Location||Puddle Dock, London|
|NGR||TQ 32 81|
The Miller (2 September 1878)