Torr Vale Mill, New Mills
Built in the 1780s by Daniel Strafford, the mill had two waterwheels and was used for spinning and weaving cotton. In 1856 a steam engine was added, and the 1940s it switched to electricity. It ceased work in 2000. Fire destroyed one of the buildings in 2001. The buildings were converted for use for a variety of purposes, including business rental, events and holiday cottages.
|Alternative names||Strafford Mills, Torvale Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam, Water|
|Mill functions||Cotton mill|
|NGR||SJ 998 853|