Hutton’s Mill, Birmingham
The mill was constructed c. 1759, for Mr William Hutton, who originally had the mill built to serve as a paper mill. After the paper milling proved to be unsuccessful, it was switched to corn milling. This endeavour also failed and the mill was sold in 1762 to a Mr Josiah Honeybourne, who used it for brass polishing.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill functions||Corn mill, Paper mill|
|NGR||SP 067 895|
Gregory, Roy, The Industrial Windmill in Britain (Phillimore, 2005) p 139
ed. W B Stephens, 'Economic and Social History: Mills', in A History of the County of Warwick: Volume 7, the City of Birmingham, (London, 1964), pp. 253-269.