Peckwash Mill, Little Eaton
There was a mill on this site as early as the 13th century. In the 17th century it became a paper mill. The mill was rebuilt and fourdrinier machines installed in the early 19th century, under the ownership of Tempest and Sons. In the 1890s the waterwheels were removed to be replaced by turbines and steam engines. The Tempest and Sons company was dissolved in 1910; the mill was used for various other industries until falling out of use in the 1950s. The derelict building was converted to a residence in the 1990s.
|Mill functions||Corn mill, Paper mill|
|NGR||SK 354 423|
Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database