Elm View Mill, Westerham
Elm View Mill was a three storey, white painted brick and ragstone structure, probably dating from the late 18th century. It was frequently co-owned with Spring Shaw Mill during its working life, and fell into disuse much later in 1907, when it the waterwheel was commandeered as the power source for a pumping station. The structure was damaged by shell-fire in the Second World War, and when H E Simmons visited it in the late 1940s it was devoid of all machinery except for the iron overshot 12' wheel and pitwheel. In 1960 the structure was partially demolished, and was cleared over the next few years, leaving only a pile of rubble, although a retaining wall in ragstone survived.
|Mill functions||Corn mill|
|NGR||TQ 444 536|
Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database