Field Mill, Egerton
Converted and Grade II Listed, retaining waterwheel. Typical of the valley, Field Mill is a three storey brick and weatherboarded building with a gabled end. It stopped work in the 1930's under the Hicks family, using latterly only one pair of stones. The small 9' overshot wheel by Hills of Ashford together with a governor for regulating its speed survive, and were used in the 1980s to power a generator. The building itself has been converted into a studio and gallery.
|Mill functions||Corn mill|
|NGR||TQ 91542 48253|
Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database