Take part in the Great British Mill Race competition and help us save a record of our milling heritage before it is lost forever.
We need you to send us information and pictures of mills and historic mill sites so that we can update our Mills Database.
Visit www.gbmillrace.org to find out more and search for mills near you.
Use our online upload form from your desktop computer or mobile device to send us your mill pictures and information.
Share your mill pictures on social media using #gbmillrace
5 reasons to join the Great British Mill Race this spring
- Spring is here! Use the Great British Mill Race as motivation to get out and about and do some mill spotting.
- We need your help! We host a huge database of nearly 11,000 mills. It is impossible for us to keep this information up to date without your help.
- Your name in lights! Your contribution will be noted on each mill profile page that you help us to update. Your pictures will be featured in our online Flickr gallery.
- Win a prize! Take a look at some of our prize winning entries in our Winner's Gallery.
- Time is running out! The Great British Mill Race competition is only open until the National Mills Weekend 2017 (13-14 May).
What are you waiting for?
Visit www.gbmillrace.org and help us save a record of our milling heritage before it is lost forever.
From Quern to Computer is suppoprted by the Heritage Lottery Fund.